As reported here.
A teenage girl has been charged over allegedly lying about being sexually assaulted in a toilet block at a Sydney train station.
The 17-year-old claimed to have been dragged off a train and into the toilet block at Strathfield station about 1pm on January 22 this year, police allege.
Investigators were told a man struck up a conversation with the girl as she travelled from Redfern station to school.
But the girl has now been charged with making a false statement with intent to subject others to investigation and was ordered to appear in the Children's Court next month.
Police withdrew a charge of sexual intercourse without consent against Ben Kooy, 34, late in January.
The Kellyville man was initially refused bail and spent four nights in custody but police found fresh evidence and released him before an appearance at Burwood Local Court.
Mr Kooy told reporters at the time the ordeal had been "very stressful" and he was "very relieved".
On January 29, he appeared in Burwood Local Court where the charges against him were withdrawn by police.
On Wednesday, police issued a statement saying they had charged the girl.