POLICE have confirmed that an allegation that a female had been raped in Bridlington has been withdrawn.
On Friday evening, January 25, a teenage girl had told police she had been raped in a field at the roundabout where Fortyfoot meets Sewerby Road, in Bridlington.
On Saturday, the teenager told officers that she had made a false allegation, and police called off their investigation.
Rumours of the alleged incident quickly spread on social media sites, along with warnings for young women to be on their guard.
Humberside Police have confirmed that nobody was arrested in connection with the complaint.
Friday, February 1, 2013
Bridlington park rape allegation withdrawn
As reported in the Bridlington Free Press:
Posted by Archivist at Friday, February 01, 2013