Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Young man admits rape lie sent stepfather to prison for eight years

A man spent eight years behind bars for allegedly sexually abusing his stepson who later recanted. The man was denied parole that would have released him early because he refused to admit that he did it and refused to participate in any "treatment" programs. This, despite the fact that the National Parole Board and prison authorities knew about the recantation.

The stepson says he was never sexually abused by his stepfather but he was forced by his biological father to lie to police.  The biological father “held a knife to my throat and threatened me with harm” unless he said that his stepfather “had sexually abused me.” The stepson swore he was “afraid my father would hurt me if I told the truth.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/04/16/spent-eight-years-in-jail-for-sexual-abuse-2