Boy said he fabricated story to cover up a fight
GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) - The 15-year-old boy who told Grandville police last week he was sexually assaulted has admitted he made the story up, police said Monday.
According to a news release from the department, the teen said he got in a fight with a friend and made up the sexual assault story "to cover up the fight."
The 15-year-old originally told police a dark-skinned male, about 30 years old, approached the boy with a knife, threatened him and forced him to perform a sexual act somewhere near 36th and Kenowa, police said.
Officers have not decided whether to forward the case to prosecutors for possible charges, Detective Andrew Measall told 24 Hour News 8. Thankfully, he said, the investigation did not require significant extra expense, such as overtime or DNA testing.