Thursday, April 1, 2010

16-year-old: Every waking moment spent thinking about false rape claim

Here's a comment left under a this post by Matt, a 16-year-old young man (a lot of guys your age are boys, Matt, but you're a young man). Matt was commenting on the story written by the young veteran who was falsely accused and who shared his gripping story with us. It is sad to hear of someone Matt's age being hurt like this. The pain will subside; Matt will recover as he moves on, likely to college, based on how articulate he is. But it pains me to read of his pain. Matt also cites our great contributor AfOR:

Hi.. Your story has helped me personally alot.. I'm sixteen and this same thing has happened to me. I was falsely accused and am still paying for it. The courts ruled in my favour but not before it completly ruined my life. It's been almost a year since the incident and have lived every waking moment thinking about it. The girl and I had been extremly close friends for over three years and in one day she changed my life forever. I lost every friend I had, even my closest friends who I have know all my life. It is extremly difficult now to make new friends and keep relationships. I just would like to say thank you, to the writer and AfOR this has really opened my eyes to things and helped me emotionaly. I just wish that this didn't have to happen to anyone, except maybe the women who have done this to us. Thanks alot.