We certainly read some odd things in cases about false rape claims, but being forced to cook human heads is a new one. I'll give her points for originality.
Sindisiwe Buthelezi pleads guilty to false rape claim
The Folweni woman who recently claimed she had been kidnapped and repeatedly raped, on Monday pleaded guilty to the charges against her at the Empangeni District Court.
Sindisiwe Buthelezi, 34, was charged with defeating the ends of justice as well as contravening the provisions of the Commissioners of Oaths Act. She pleaded guilty on Monday and was convicted.
Buthelezi had earlier reported to police that she had been in Durban when she was picked up by someone who promised her a job in Isipingo.
She told police the person did not take the Isipingo turn-off, but drove to Umzinto and dropped her off with three men in a bakkie, where there were two other women, before being taken to an unknown area. She said their faces had been covered and she had not been able see where they were going.
Buthelezi said they had been taken to the bush where she had been repeatedly raped and forced to cook human heads. She claimed to have escaped the next day
During the "kidnapping", she managed to keep contact with her family using a cellphone she had hidden from her so-called kidnappers and rapists.
After an extensive investigation by the Richards Bay organised crime unit, police established that she had fabricated her story and arrested her.
Police spokesman Senior Superintendent Jay Naicker said Buthelezi would remain in police custody until her sentencing on November 18.