Friday, July 3, 2009

Sara M. Brown accused of three false assault claims

Not 1, not 2, but 3 different false accusations. How many does she get to file before being held responsible, and either serve some time in jail/prison, or pay a very large fine? Let her walk away again with no punishment, and how long before she lodges an accusation that results in someone being arrested?

Sara M. Brown files 3 false claims.

BELFAST, Maine — A city woman has been summoned after her repeated claims of being sexually assaulted proved false.

Sara N. Brown, 19, of High Street was summoned on two counts of filing a false report or alarm, Detective Michael McFadden said Thursday.

The first assault claim was filed Sept. 11, 2008. Brown told police that four men entered her apartment, held a cloth over her face containing a substance that rendered her unconscious and gang-raped her. She said she woke up in a ditch on the other side of the city.

McFadden said the department thoroughly investigated the matter, but was unable to find any witnesses or evidence corroborating Brown’s claims.

“We had nothing to work with,” McFadden said.

On March 19, Brown called the department to report that a man had grabbed her from behind as she walked from her apartment, dragged her into an alley and sexually assaulted her. She was taken by ambulance to Waldo County General Hospital and then to Penobscot Bay Medical Center in Rockport for additional examinations.

“The findings didn’t coincide with what she was telling us. There were no bruises, no abrasions on her body or anything consistent with what she was telling us,” McFadden said.

On April 28, Brown reported that a man had entered her kitchen while she was washing dishes and punched her in the face, causing her nose to bleed. She said it was the same man who had attacked her the month before. Police were unable to find any evidence that she had been injured and no traces of blood.

“I interviewed her again and she eventually admitted that she fabricated all three events. She admitted she knew what she had done was wrong,” McFadden said. “I explained to her that we spent a lot of time investigating her allegations. [For] the March 19 incident, the entire police force was out searching the downtown for the guy.”